The Rustic Barn is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles published in Schedule 1 of Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. For the latest versions of these Acts visit the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
when do we collect your information?
The Rustic Barn may collect information from you directly or in the course of our dealings with you, for example when you:
- enquire about wedding hire;
- make a booking;
- purchase from our website;
- participating in promotions and competitions on the website;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- contact us for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- post or contribute material on our website or social media networking pages, and
- contact and correspond with us.
In any of these circumstances we may ask you for your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, occupation, education or credit card information. You may, however, make an anonymous enquiry.
We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
what do we use your information for?
The purposes for which we collect your information may include but is not limited to:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you;
- developing and improving our services, and
- obtaining feedback.
If we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose personal information.
We may also collect information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on our website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
The Rustic Barn may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
Other instances when we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- where you have expressly consented to the use or disclosure;
- where the use or disclosure is authorised or required by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order;
- ensuring content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to personalize your experience, service, advertising and content that you view and engage with on our website;
- responding to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
- contacting you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or our website;
- helping carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- by disclosing the information to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe us; and
- notifying you about changes to our products and services.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about our products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please contact us as set out below.
access to information
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.
Complaints must be made in writing.
Storage and security of your personal information
The Rustic Barn strives to ensure the security, integrity of any personal information we collect. We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure.
We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our ordinary IT systems. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia.
We implement a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- mandatory password protection on all computers;
- firewall and antivirus/malware software; and
- systems and application access controls implemented to restrict access to information (on a need to know basis).
Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
The Rustic Barn
0488 400 370